Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring has sprung!

Well this week was certainly better than the last! Weather wise, attitude wise, it was better. The beginning of the week greeted us with a warm high of 68 degrees. I got a lot of yard work done and could barely move by Wednesday. The temperature dropped sharply by Thursday to 23 degrees (need I remind you where I live? Antartica! Michigan really, but that's my nickname). So the fun in the sun...or yard, came to a hault until today. The sun peeked out mid afternoon and got up to 52....so out we went, Hailey singing loudly Happy Burtday to Aunt Backy, Happy Burtday to Aunt Backy... and riding her Dora bike, while I rake my neverending yard. Then I saw woodpeckers and I knew Spring is finally here. If you haven't read my older posts, go back and read 100 Acre Woods. We have a multitude of wildlife here, so once I start seeing Woody and Hootie, I know it's just a matter of time before warm temps are here to stay.

So I raked and raked and was pretty proud of my accomplishments. Two hours later my back was beginning to tell me it's time for a break. Then I went along the side of the house to do just one more area around the bushes. We have a hill that leads down to the brooke. I was up around the bushes furiously raking dead leaves when I lost my footing, hit a mud slide and away I went! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Luckily I caught myself before I went into the rushing river little brooke in our yard! My daughter wasn't phased by my tumble, in fact, she told me she couldn't catch me. Thanks darling. What a dear. Anyway, so I got up and looked around (for anyone shooting a You Tube video) and dusted myself off, put the rake up by the deck, and decided that was my que. Two hours is a good run for raking anyway. By now I've spent 6 hours this week on the yard, mostly raking, and other cleanup. It's coming together nicely. Once the grass turns green again, I'll take a pic and post it. Right now, there's some sad bald patches and brown grass. I am hoping it will turn back to green, it gives the yard a healthier glow that way.

No comments: