Wednesday, January 21, 2009

So we have been remodelling our home since we moved in over a year ago. By show of hands, who here has remodelled a house without injuring or considering inflicting bodily harm upon their husband? K, so it's not just me then? Whew. Let me first jump to his defense before I smack him down. First of all he is a perfectionist. Second,he is very knowledgeable. And last but not least he does awesome work, the best, I wouldn't want anyone else working on our home. However, that being said, if I trip over one more piece of drywall, one more tool, or have to move his crap he leaves strewn about one more time, i may have to hurt him. You see, since it's just him working on the remodel, as his schedule allows, our projects came to a standstill a couple months ago. Since then, the anger welling up inside me is about to blow like Mt. St. Helen's. There isn't one floor, heck one room, that is sacred. Not one room is completely finished, and I do believe in my non expert opinion, the man has Attention Deficit Disorder. He starts one thing, that comes to a hault before it's done of coarse, and then whizzes off to another area to destroy, err I mean demo. I am so tired of my house not looking like a home, but more like a construction nightmare. You think I exaggerate? Phfffffft! come on over and feel my pain, walk in my shoes, pull up a piece of drywall and sit a spell, I'd have you over dinner but we'd have to sit in the hallway on lumber piles. (Okay that part IS an exaggeration). Anyway, my point being, if he doesn't wrap up a few of these projects soon, he won't be safe showing his face here much longer. He may do excellent work, but that will only buy me so much patience, and that is worn thin my friends.

No comments: