Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I won the Brittish Lottery!!

Okay are you ready for this? Ya ready? Are you sitting down? Well apparently I have been contacted, not once, but twice in two days, via email of coarse, about winning the Brittish Lottery!!! Oh yeah, that's right, you read it right. Well sure some pessimists and skeptics may sneer and say if this is so legitimate, why would they contact you via email versus sending Ed McMahon to my door? Well I have a very good answer to that one! Because! Ed McMahon is busy DUH! Here is what I found him doing: Yah! So um like he's going to have time out of his busy filming schedule to come deliver my big fat checks to me! So I am so excited, whatever will I do with my newfound wealth? Well first of all, they need some info. Now I am not sure how I can win a Lottery overseas and they not have my info already, but here is what I'm told they need: To file for your claim, fill the winner verification form below and forward to the fudiciary agent immediately via email. VERIFICATION AND FUNDS RELEASE FORM 1.Full name: 2.Home Address: 3.Age:4.Sex: 5.Occupation: 6.Phone Number: 7.Country: Agents Name:Smith Stanford Email:claims.director@live.co.uk Phone: +447031947343 Fax: +448704798433 The Validity period of the winnings is for 10 working days hence you are expected to make your claims immediately, any claim not made before this date will be returned to the UK National Lottery as unclaimed, Sincerely, Once again congratulations... Cordially, Sir George Arisson Online Co-ordinator Soooo I'm gonna get right on that! I mean okay some may poo poo this, crying what about identity theft? Oh now come on! Why would the Brittish folk want to be lil ole me? So to put your worries at rest, I will be extra careful when giving Sir Georgie my perosnal information. In fact, he has a phone number, so maybe i'll just give him a jingle and ask him for his personal information and tell him he has won the American Lottery! SNORT! Sidenote: for those who don't know me, no I am not so stupid as to fall for this scam, I am merely making fun of it, and no I will not be giving this fictitious character my identity on a silver platter. The sad thing is.....there may be some out there who would all too easily fall for this. And to them I say, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is! And if you don't recall actually playing or entering to win something, then how would you win something otherwise? Food for thought....til next time.

No comments: