Sunday, June 8, 2008

Underwear is not optional!

So as I mentioned in an earlier blog, today it was just us girls. I had grand plans of some serious mother daughter bonding. It was sunny and blazing hot out, but we were not to be deterred! So off we went to the park for icecream and a little monkeying around. My first faux paus was to realize I had left the sunscreen in the garage at home. So of course I was feeling like a terrible mom, since my daughter is of the fairest complexion and would easily bake like a rotisserie in the full sun. So I decided we would sit in the shade and eat our sundae together, and then play for a little while and go. It was much too hot to be there for long anyway. As we were sitting and gabbing and gobbling our sundae, my daughter was sprawled in a very lady like pose. I started to tell her to put her legs together, when I noticed her lack of underwear! My first reaction was what the? I said "Hailey! Where'd your underwear go?" She said, with fudge in her mouth, "I dunno". Oh good grief. Then I said, "Did you forget to put them on?" And then she paused for a moment, ate another big dripping spoonful of sundae, and said "no Mommy, I just left them in the drawer". She said this as if it should make perfect sense. So I began to quietly discuss with her that undies are not optional, she must wear them. And she stared at me blankly, with whipped cream on her nose. This leaves me scratching my head and wondering if she's done this before? So now I will insitute the daily panty parade, whereupon before we go out of the house in public, I will stop her for a safety check just to ensure she isn't trying to go commando. HA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marcus has done this to us more than once.... thankfully though he is not so big on wearing dresses/skirts :0) We would usually discover the missing undies when we would pick him up and the shorts felt a little thinner than normal..... hopefully your little lady cathes on to the must wear undie rule real fast.