Sunday, June 8, 2008

Feel the Burn!

As the dawn of a new season is here, I dug out my Pilates DVD's and dusted off the cobwebs and am trying to decrease the flabulation tone up. I really like Pilates because it's very doable for me; one might say is in the realm of MY possibility. I currently have 5 Pilates DVD's, and they're mostly the same, some are longer a little more intense than others though. I can handle a 20 minute session, heck even 30. Much more than that and I call it a day. I hate to exercise. Yes go ahead and gasp. Point and laugh if you will. I don't know how to actually like it but I've heard rumors that some people actually do. I do love like tolerate my Windsor Pilates. I like Windsor's workouts the best. You can really feel it working in your legs and abdomen while you're doing the workout, but it's not so painful you want to puke afterwards. Pilates is a great way to strengthen your core, and the good Lord knows my core is a week gushy mess right now. I went to a few kickboxing classes a few years ago, after Hailey was born, and let me tell you, I have never ever never had such a tough workout in all my life. This woman was hardcore, I think borderline masachistic if you ask me. She seemed to like two things: her own pain and to see others experience it with her. Not only was I pouring sweat, but every muscle, even the ones I never knew I had, were sore. THAT my friends, would be why I don't like exercise. I mean really. Life is so short, must we live it in pain all for the sake of fitness? Is fitness supposed to bring tears to your eyes? Is fitness supposed to wake you up screaming with charlie horses in the middle of a good night's sleep? Anyway, back to my point. I wish I had a personal trainer like the stars do. You know, the ones who give birth and are seen in public 2 weeks later just as skinny as they were before pregnancy. They attribute it to personal trainers. So who do you think they have come in and whip them back into shape? Richard Simmons perhaps? Call it ADD, but doesn't this picture remind you of: Okay okay...

How 'bout Tony Little? You know, the Gazelle freak guy?

Or perhaps the scariest of them all.... Her morning workout just about killed me a few years ago. I would get up before anyone else rose, just to catch her morning routine. And also so no one would point and laugh at me as I contorted myself with tears in my eyes, all in the name of beauty. Ack. Needless to say I chucked that and started sleeping in again! HA!

Okay so I wish I may I wish I might, have a personal trainer, tone me up right! Don't we all! Unfortunately the reality is I am in charge of my own fitness. And unfortunatley I have my good days, my motivated days, and I have my lay on the couch and see how many Reese cups I can hog down days not so good days. I think this is true of most. Oh you might not admit it, but you know you have days where you eat anything that isn't tied down or pointy. My weakness is chocolate. Oh the love affair chocolate and I have had! It's so full of dreamy creamy goodness, what's not to like? What you say? That 40 pounds of flubber that comes along with it you say? Oh now, don't be so negative! It's all in moderation. I will have to learn this concept, live this concept, and love this concept. HA! Until then, I bid you goodnight, I have a Big Cup calling my name.

No comments: