Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Just call me Kleenex

So being a Mom, I have my weeks days where I feel like a human kleenex. My daughter seems to have caught a bug, it's one of those lovely kind that has her going one way or the other, if you know what I mean. If it's not one bodily function, it's another. And to top it off she has a runny nose. Being the little lady I have worked hard to raise, she has taken to grabbing whatever is nearby to wipe her nose on. Now this is not because she sees ME wiping my nose on the arm of a chair or her brother's clean shirt. So I am not sure where we went wrong with her manners. Anyway, that being said, we've got a mess on our hands. She will seem fine for a few hours, and then whamo, one end or the other will blow. She rarely gets sick, but when she does, she does it up right! Brandon caught a lot more "bugs" when he was her age, but he also went to daycare. So what to do what to do. I find myself running in circles between keeping her clean and making sure there isn't a catastrophe lurking...such as throw up on the furniture or snot dribbles on the clean towels. I am a huge fan of germ gel. I have germ gel stationed throughout the house in hopes that when the kids catch the crud, I won't! Because lets face it, Moms just don't have time for it! And kids don't take a break for us to get sick, oh no. Far be it from them to behave for a 24 hour coughing sneezing aching stuffy head fever...blah blah blah..... So off I go to restore my house to anti-bacterial glory while the poor little thing takes a nap. Heading for the hazmat suit......

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hope you kiddo feeld better soon! And I hope mama didn't catch whatever she had!:)