Monday, May 5, 2008

Just another manic Monday...whoaaaaa whoaaaaa....

.......wish it were Sunday.....whoaaaaa whoaaaa.... Today is the day.....THE day........I am cutting out a very bad habit for good. I am quitting smoking. And so begins my day, the alarm goes off, I come down and start the computer, write a few bills out, then go wake Brandon up. This week he's going off to 6th grade camp (that is why I set this week as my quit week, so he'd be out of the line of fire). Hailey gets up shortly after and so far the morning seems to be running smoothe. And then.....as I'm rushing around to get Brandon's last few things ready for camp, I see him sitting idly by clicking away on the computer. Excuse me? Since when did I become his servant? Just as I was about to enlighten him, I hear Hailey upstairs throwing up. Oh no. Is this some cosmic joke on me? Okay, deep breaths, I can do this. So I go upstairs with my Hazmat suit on ready to clean up the toxic spillage, when the bi-polar cat whizzes past me and picks a fight with Hailey's Dora that she'd left on the hallway floor. I offered to catsit for a friend for a few days while she was away, little did I know what unspeakable joy we'd be in for. This is the feline version of Cujo. She's extremely fickle. One minute she's purring and prancing in front of you wanting attention, and then next, she's hissing and growling. I think some Prozac or Lithium might do this cat a world of good. Anyway, so back to Hailey. I get her and the floor cleaned up, and send her into her room to get dressed. I come downstairs and check the time, 15 minutes til his bus arrives. Okay I think we're packed, I go down my mental checklist, good. I ask him if he's had breakfast and he replies "I don't know what to have". Really? Because we have a cabinet full of cereal, bread, bagels...so I direct his attention to the breakfast food and he half heartedly makes a piece of toast before leaving for camp. He used to love breakfast, but in this last year, it's nearly a fight to get him to eat a good breakfast in the mornings. But choose your battles, and so I do, and I rarely make that one of them. And so I am off to brew some coffee, listen to the Today Show and attempt to balance the checkbook. Wish me luck on my first of many smoke free days.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

I think that cat is cute with a great personality ;)