Wednesday, March 11, 2009

And the show must go on.....

I just saw a quote from a favorite poet of mine, Robert Frost. "In three words I can sum up life: it goes on".

Indeed it does. The trials of today, will they be important tomorrow? People disappoint us, people upset, anger, hurt and betray us. But if we're lucky, the good outweighs the bad. Other people will love us, enjoy being with us, befriend us, support us....and the list goes on.

Words to live by; should be my mantra right now. IT GOES ON. *sigh of relief* I sure wish by the age of 33 I have gotten a grasp on a few more things by now....like to trust my instincts & listen when I am approaching crazy and my gut tells me to RUUUUUUUN! lol I wish I were better at letting things go too. I can hold a mean grudge. I blame that on my lineage. My mother had a hot temper, she definitely had spunk. I favored my father's temperment most of my life, he is so laid back, easy going and charismatic. Everyone loves him. But as I get older (I hate that term), I think I'm getting angrier. HA! No seriously, people just suck sometimes. But such is life, isn't it? I can't change you anymore than you can change me. THAT is one lesson I've got down pat by now. Oh the years I could've been doing something other than trying to change someone else! Anyway I've gotten off track.

Life goes on. Wait..wasn't that a show back in the 90's? Yes it was!! I loved that show!">

4 comments:

The Queen said...

My Dad's favorite saying is "Life isn't fair". I wanted to smack him every time he said it. I get it now though, life def. goes on and it sure as hell ain't fair.

Anonymous said...

I used to love that show! Yes, life goes on. Life isn't fair either. Both true. I prefer, "Let It Go". Difficult for me to always stick to but most annoying/irritating/hurtful things aren't worth holding onto.

Anonymous said...

yeah i hate the part where the older we get the more (fill in the blank) we get. seems like it should be the other way around. we should be maturing, growing wiser, less anger, more loving. right?

Kathy G said...

You know I don't think you are getting angrier, its just that you dont have time for nonsense (I guess I am really sharing my stance). You grow up and you would think that those around you are growing up too, and boom they do something stupid ( I could say that my daughter is not around) So yes , it is purposeful anger, nonsense gets me everytime. But life does go on and forgiveness has to happen for your sake not theirs. You will stay holding a grudge and they are living their happy little non affected lives and you are miserable. not worth it. I am sorry this was about your post sorry for venting.