Friday, May 30, 2008

How to Mother a Tween for Dummies

Well I'm on a Reese Cup and Ruffles binder right now. Out went the good ole water and fruit diet, in exchange for my beloved Reese Cups and Ruffles potato chips. Why you ask? Why? Because there is a tweenager in this house that is driving me batty. Where oh where has my child gone? Abducted by aliens? Nope, although sometimes I wonder. No he's right here, but all of a sudden he's changed. My once happy go lucky go with the flow child, has now turned into a sometimes irritable, lazy and must have something to say about EVERYTHING young man. I know he's growing up. I know he's trying to assert a little independance. I've read, I've googled, I've explored...... Oh if only they came with instruction manuals!!! Ahhhhhh! This entire week has been an uphill battle. It's one thing after another, and I am not ashamed to say, I am worn out. waving little white flag I know I know, I need to man up here, this is but the beginning of it all! I have a whole new respect for what my mother must have gone through with me. If only she were still here to talk to! First she would laugh hysterically before offering any sort of comfort or ancient chinese secrets. I remember the curse she placed upon me, I believe I was 13 though at the time. Well that Mother's curse works! I am reaping the rewards as we speak!!! For every unkind argumentative hard way to go that I dished out to my parents.....now I have a mouthy, sometimes downright obnoxious tween in my grill, wanting to protest, correct or debate every thing I say. Ahhhhhhh! I hope to survive and be able to go on and pass down what lessons I learn through this trying time, but if I don't make it out alive....at least I gave it one heckuva try.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with this..... will you take notes and give them to me when I show up at your door in about 6 years?

Anonymous said...

yeah...good luck with this...

I'm SO friggen glad I'm through this part!!

BUT....

I'm not sure which is worse...then.......

or...

now.

love ya!!!
~CLH