Friday, May 16, 2008

Can someone get Mommy a booster seat please?

So my daughter had to go to the Doctor yesterday. There in the waiting room I see the new child booster seat law posted. Here is what it states: All children in a motor vehicle, under the age of eight and shorter than 4 feet 9 inches tall, to be securely fastened in a child safety seat. The law takes effect July 1, 2008. So then technically I am only 2 inches too tall to be legally bound in a booster seat!!!! HA! My son pokes fun at my height, reminding me I am only 1 inch taller than the tallest midget. He stands head to head with me now, if not an inch or so taller, and has much bigger feet than me (my shoe size is a 5 1/2 so it's not hard to beat). Amazingly enough, I've never felt awkward for my size. I rather enjoy being short. Oh there are times when I wish I was leggy, but most of the time the short stature suits me just fine. Call me lazy, but it gives me an excuse to delegate a lot of chores. "oh Honey, can you come pull the casserole dish down for me dear". "Oh honey, while you're up, can you carry the 17 baskets of laundry upstairs for me sweetie pie honey lovins?" See how that can come in handy? And if you've ever seen Little People Big World, the episode where the mother is at the store and she has to climb the shelving to reach the Doritos? I am not ashamed to say, if Brandon or James is not with me, I climb those shelves like Mount Everest! This world wasn't made for the vertically challenged, BUT if you're determined enough, and motivated by Doritos just out of reach, then NOTHING my friend is out of reach!

No comments: