Sunday, April 27, 2008

"Slimwear" or better known as Fat Suckers

I have been intrigued by this concept since the birth of my second child. I am not what you would call overweight, but I still have that illusion in my head that after giving birth by c-section to 2 kids, my body should have recovered by now. I won't even mention how tiny I was before my 1st child came along, I might cry and you might cyber slap me. ha! But the fact remains, things are not as they once were. So I browsed online on and off for months, but refused to pay $50.00-$80.00 for a piece of lycra. But, I would however pay $12.00 + shipping and handling. This undergarment came with excellent reviews, so it seemed my prayers had been answered. I enthusiastically placed my order and awaited my new fat sucker by mail, which came astonishingly fast, 2 days later. I ordered a Large, as the sizing chart seemed to be off by normal standards, so I played it safe. As soon as the box arrived I wanted to try them on. One review claimed that it helped her lose 14 pounds! Could it be so? I eagerly ripped the plastic that encased my magic undies, much like an overeager child lunging for their presents at Christmastime, and raced to the bathroom to try them on. Once I fought with them and pulled, jerked and manhandled them on, first I noticed that they came up to just beneath my boobs. Wow, not very attractive, but hey, who's going to see it besides maybe my husband, if he's lucky? I'm sure he'll be enticed. lol The next thing I noticed is that they REALLY DO suck those problem areas IN. Wow. I was impressed, for a minute. And then I felt a wave come over me...was it the magic working? No, it was my circulation cutting off. They weren't the most comfortable garment I've ever worn, but such is the price for beauty, or the illusion anyway. So I continued to try to "break them in", and wore them throughout the day. I guess the most surprising thing was that all sensation left my lower extremities. Well I mean I could walk, I can't say whether it was graceful, but I could walk. What I am really speaking of though is there was no urge to go pee. No I didn't pee my pants, but it's a good thing I noticed it had been oh several hours since I went, because once those fat suckers came down and circulation was restored...well you get my drift. I wore them at dinner and could only eat 1/2 what I normally eat. So yes, I could see where a person could shed a few pounds if they wore them 24/7. I can't say I'm dedicated to wearing them to lose weight, but I am sure I will wear them again, for special occasions. I guess when it comes down to comfort versus beauty, comfort wins hands down for me. I am a jeans and tshirt kinda girl, give me a comfy pair of sweats and a hoodie anyday over having to dress up. I have never been a big fan of the concept "no pain, no gain". I am not trying to deter you ladies from trying slimwear, just beware there is no magical fix, but for an evening, we can pretend, as long as you remember to go pee.

No comments: