Thursday, June 5, 2008

Chronicles of a Busy Mom

Today was busy and hectic and wonderful all at the same time! First of all, we took Hailey for her renal ultrasound, which was supposed to be yesterday but don't even get me started on that one! Anyway, so we took her TODAY and in about an hour all our worries were alleviated. Nothing looked abnormal or obstructed, so they cancelled the slew of other tests they had initially planned, which would've included a cath and dye test. I am sure we would've met that with some resistance. But she did great for the ultrasound, laid perfectly still, watched the screen intently, and ended our visit with a sucker and a smile. Yay!!! So off we went, a few hours earlier than planned, and home I came to call everyone and tell my good news! They had been looking for a condition called kidney reflux, which I Googled and confirmed with the ultrasound tech; it can mean surgery, in severe cases. WHEW thank God it wasn't that! It seems she might just be a little more sususptible to UTI's, so we've motified things like converting from baths to showers, no bubble bath or other irritating soaps, and no juice. Needless to say she is totally bummed about these new rules, but if it will keep her from having a UTI, then I'm all for it.

Then we had Brandon's elementary graduation!! He has never had a "graduation" ceremony before, he's had assemblies but way more of those in Ohio than here. I was actually super excited about this graduation thing. Brandon was giving a speech and accepting awards, so wild horses couldn't have kept me away! We recorded the whole thing and got some really great footage of Brandon and the future class of 2014. Brandon accepted 6 awards all total, gave a wonderful speech, and wrapped things up with cake and icecream at the end!

Then back home to start going over my list of things yet to do. Can we say eeeeek!?! It seems lately I have so much to do but not enough time to do it all in. Ahh if only I had one more of me...but then I just don't think the world is quite ready for that. HA! Really the majority of my busyness lately has been wrapped up in Brandon. And if you don't have an older child, you just don't get it. I have friends who I swear think I am inventing my busyness, or perhaps exaggerating it a bit, but no, sorry to say, I'm not. I have been so stressed trying to fit everything in, keep everyone happy, and I've come to grips FINALLY with the fact that I just can't please everyone all the time. I have to do what I can to keep my sanity! Why am I so stressed? Oh well lets run over the short list of what I still have to do. Enroll Brandon for school next year. Enroll Hailey for preschool. Sign Brandon up for Summer Camps. Make various trips to Post office and store, also Lowe's for Daddy's Day present. Oh crud, mental note, pick up something for MY dad for Father's Day! Go help Gramma sometime this week, in all my spare time. Another Dr.'s appointment for Hailey. My annual "female" visit, unspeakable joy. Mental note: can I get a raincheck please? And lets not forget the house...it's looking a little neglected lately and next week's not going to be much better, so friends, if you stop by unannounced, be forwarned! Now these are just what's off the top of my head, this isn't going by what I actually have in my Day Planner for next week. So then I decided to push my garage sale back a week, since I am going to be short on time to get the rest of my junk items ready. What's the sense in having a garage sale if you can only put 1/2 of what you intend to sell in the darn thing? So yeah, I guess I need to take a chill pill. I think once the next couple weeks are over, I'll be my former mellow self. I am so not the type of person who functions well, or likes to be busy all the time. To have every hour of every day booked. That would be my Hell. I hate to feel rushed. Call me a hippy chic, but I just love to go with the flow man. But such is not the case for now. Oh well, there's always Ohio to look forward to in July!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I hear ya! Not enough hours in a day is there??

Anonymous said...

NO yard sale/garage sale??
Does THIS mean I might actually SEE you on Saturday??
I certainly HOPE so!!! :)

My daughter would LOVE it if you came and SO would blake :)
but especially ME!

Please DO!!! mmmkay?
Miss youuuuuuuuuuu!!
~CLH