Friday, May 23, 2008

Me a writer?

So I've been told by the masses I should write a book. By masses, I mean friends, relatives and teachers. So they're kinda biased, but hey, my ego will take what it can get. I think the first time I remember writing and enjoying it was in 7th grade. I wrote poems endlessly, but they were rather angsty and depressing at the time, as my poor 13 year old heart had had it's first wound. I remember being in 7th grade Algebra and my teacher, a happy plump white haired lady, had confiscated a love note I was working diligently on to my then one true love. HA! After reading it and berating me for not focusing my energies on more important matters such as quadratic equations and square roots, she gave me a compliment. She told me I was good at writing. Hmmm really? I can't for the life of me remember what that note said, but it must've been quite something. Then later, in high school, I took creative writing and while others balked at our assignments and poo-pooed writing about "The most significant person in my life has been..." or "A Major Life changing event would be...", I relished these easy assignments and would often have them done in 30 minutes or less. And not sloppily or with details left out. Then I wrote a poem for my Dad one year for Father's Day. I had no money to get him a gift, so I gave him the only thing I could think of, something from my heart. And he still carries it in his wallet to this day. And then in college, I had to take a writing class and my teacher came up to me after class and told me how my writing had moved her asked me what my major was in? I told her and she said, "if that doesn't pan out, you should definitely become a writer". I never really gave it much thought after that. And so here we are many years later, and here I am, still pecking away at it. I would love to become a writer, but where oh where to start? I would love for my ramblings to read by the masses. To have induced laughter and joy by the millions. But hmmmmm what to write about, what to write about....... well lets see, there's my perfection and expertise in parenting. hehe There's my life story, but oh my, that would be a little depressing until around chapter 19. Buy bulk supplies of Kleenex for that one. HA! Of course I could also write a manuscript for a Lifetime Movie of the Week. What would it be called? Cease and Desist....a Mother's Tale. Or One Huckuva Desperate Housewife; A tale of one Manic Mom and her quest to conquer a neverending laundry pile, softening hands while I do dishes, keeping bottoms dry while teaching son to put lids down or build outhouse and to find all the missing spoons, wherever they may roam. Hmm maybe too wordy? Okay well maybe this: a self help book! Loving Husbands through the good, the bad and rennovations. Well okay maybe not. How about: DramaTweens: How to Love your Tween, even through random bouts of obnoxious behavior. Okay one more: WhineyTown: Where Toddlers can be themselves. Okay so I have my work cut out for me. Stay tuned, who knows what else I'll come up with!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, its me..."you know who I am" hehe. Now come on, seriously. You NEED to write. Even though I love to write myself, you are so much more into detail and you know how to keep your readers. Oh and by the way, if you do, you better give me a signed copy of every book saying, "To my best friend"....hehe. You know they have those writing tests you can do by mail. I bet you can start there! I'll see if I can find you one. I almost did but you know how that goes....hmmm I wonder where it is?
TTFN

CLH_PHOTO said...

Yup, I agree with uhhh "anonymous" lol You DO need to write! I would def. read it all. You have quite the knack. And.....I want a signed copy too...you don't have to write "best friend..." or anything...but by golly, it better say SOMETHING nice!! haha
Miss ya!!